Abilene


The x got tired of me a few years back when we went on a spring break trip out west. We stopped at a Dairy Queen for supper in Abilene, and my oldest son jumped on my back on the way in. I told him to quit, and the x flew into a rage...said to get in the car, now!! Needless to say, he stormed out all alone and left with the car. The boys and I ordered and sat down to eat. Twenty minutes later, he came tearing back in to the parking lot, came in and ordered us once again into the car. At this point, I was scared and tired. So into the car I go. The x sped off, and went across the highway to an Ihop, parked, and told the boys to go inside and sit for a little bit. I knew what was coming next, yeah buddy. I had another horrific verbal lashing that left blood on my back all right!! He was so loud and awful...it lasted for a little over an hour. He was flailing his arms, spitting at my turned-down head, etc...

What I don't get is this...there were people coming and going from their cars while he was doing this. I can understand noone wanting to be a hero and stop him, but at least someone could've gone into the restaurant and called the police. Why? Everyone could hear him!

No comments: