Affirmations


"I will eat garlic"


Survivor Girl's Affirmations for her healthy self-respect - June, 2005



  • I will never be yelled at or talked to in an aggressive manner ever again

  • I will never be spit on ever again

  • I will never be lectured to like a child ever again (x still trying this one)

  • I will never be pushed or shoved in any manner ever again

  • I will never have my head shoved into any carpet or walls ever again

  • I will never be choked ever again

  • I will never be threatened with loss of life ever again

  • I will never be called disgusting names ever again

  • I will never have a loaded gun held at my head ever again

  • I will never be told that I am a bad mother and worthless human being ever again
  • (x still doing this)
  • I will never be physically forced from a car ever again

  • I will never get bruises and cuts ever again

  • I will not suffer at the hands of anger and control ever again (x still trying to control)

  • I will never smile, cover up, and deny ever again

  • I will never self-mutilate ever again

  • I will never bow my head and cry and say 'You're right' just to avoid punishment ever again

  • I will never be physically tossed out of my house and thrown down steps ever again

  • I WILL NEVER BE MANIPULATED OR CONTROLLED EVER AGAIN (still a work in process)

  • I will never have my makeup and clothes put on by anyone else ever again

  • I will never be a 'token' wife ever again

  • I will NEVER be told to 'stand up straight', 'shut up', 'fuck you', etc EVER AGAIN

  • I will never live in fear ever again (I still fear my abuser)

  • I will not pray to die ever again

  • I will not beg for mercy ever again

  • I am not a cunt

  • I AM NOT A PUPPET...I AM A HUMAN BEING

  • I will not break my knuckles by pounding walls, slap myself, cut myself, or pull my hair to release my anger ever again

  • I own my happiness and well being

  • I am unique and special

  • I am one of a kind

  • I am a good mother and friend

  • I am a beautiful woman

  • I deserve to smile, laugh, express my opinions, and get angry if I wish

  • I will never submit ever again

  • I will be treated with dignity and respect

  • I will hold my head up high, for I am a SURVIVOR

  • I will never have an angry, controlling man in my life ever again

  • I will buy my own clothes and go out in public the way I want to

  • I will wear my hair straight if I wish

  • I will eat garlic

  • I will not tolerate this same behavior from my boys

  • I am strong, for I am a SURVIVOR

  • I will not be a victim ever again

  • I know that everything wrong is not my fault

  • I have learned that good times don't make up for the bad times

  • I will never have hot coffee thrown on me ever again

  • I will never have any objects thrown at me ever again

  • I will never drink to cope ever again

  • I will never face a balled-up fist ever again

  • I will never hear a door slam ever again

  • I AM A SURVIVOR

3 comments:

Stefunkc said...

And you are an amazing, strong woman.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this. We have so much in common. It's nice to know I'm not the only one out there with experiences such as this. God bless you! I wish you continued healing and a happy and fulfilling future.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your affirmations. I still cannot remember everything that happened in the three and a half years I was in my relationship. It has been almost 4 years now since he ended up in jail and I moved away. But as I read your affirmations I recognized every single one...I think there may be just three that I cannot accept as my own affirmation. I have copied the affirmations for when I am ready to start saying them. Thanks so much for sharing this part of you.