The straw that broke the camel's back


Not only did I call the x's bluff and file on my own, but the main reason was because the x was becoming physically abusive with my oldest son. My oldest son had been the target for many years, and since the divorce, my oldest says that the x hasn't touched him, even though he kicked him out when he turned eighteen. Garbage bags full of his things strewn on the front lawn. Well, a few years back, my oldest son and his friend were picked up by the police for burning a bush in the friend's neighbor's yard. I went to go get him by myself...I didn't tell the x where I was going or what I was doing for obvious reasons. Well, I picked him up...he had to do some community service and apologize to the neighbor which worked out ok...he learned his lesson.

After we left the police station, we didn't go home. I was too scared. I drove around with him for about an hour until I went to a friend's house. I collapsed at their house a crying, hysterical mess. I couldn't quit!!! I was blinded by fear. We sat at my friend's house for another hour until I calmed down. My son then said 'She might need a place to stay, but I can take it.' I wasn't about to leave him alone, so we both went home. The ex was in bed, so I quietly told him what had happened and that I took care of it. He went to sleep. Yeah!!! I did it, I thought!! Morning came, the x jumped out of bed, put on his leather gloves, went to my sons room, jerked him out of bed, held him at the throat off his feet against the wall, and proceeded to do what he does best. He turned into a demon. I knew then I had to have the strength to leave. Sick Son of a Bitch!

No comments: